(Podcast) Owning Our Ugly
Season 3, Episode 27: Owning Our Ugly
We all have ugly inside whether we want to admit it or not. Anger, greed, lust, jealousy, and a host of other qualities plague us all.
While admitting our ugly to others often initially triggers hurt feelings, acknowledging our ugly to Jesus leads to a very different response.
Join Rick and special guest Scotty Priest (pastor of Journey Church in Denver) as they focus on Jesus’ unexpected tenderness toward people who admit their faults. Turning to the Bible, they’ll dive into the different responses of the two criminals crucified next to Jesus found in Matthew 27.
Have you joined the Pigs? We're a group of friends ready to go all in with Jesus--to live a life that's “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- (Now Available) Spiritual Grit
- 2018 Simply Jesus Gathering
- The Unreasonable Jesus by Thomas Christianson
- The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
- The Jesus-Centered Life by Rick Lawrence
- Why is Jesus Always So Annoyed?
- Fighting The Cancer of Self-Doubt
- Overcoming a Culture of “Try Harder to Get Better”