(Podcast) The Necessity of Risk
Season 3, Episode 17: The Necessity of Risk
It’s often frowned upon in parenting, but celebrated in the world of entrepreneurs. It’s necessary in extreme sports, but can be dangerous in relationships.
It’s RISK and it’s one of the main ways Jesus develops grit in us.
Join Rick and special guest Stephanie Hillberry as they celebrate the release of the new book, Spiritual Grit, by discussing what it means to risk in a culture often obsessed with safety.
Slowing down and paying ridiculous attention to Jesus, we’ll dive into the story of the Canaanite woman found in Matthew 15, examining how Jesus rewards the great risks she takes, and how you can adopt her spirit with some risks of your own.
Have you joined the Pigs? We're a group of friends ready to go all in with Jesus--to live a life that's “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- (Now Available) Spiritual Grit
- Spiritual Grit Video with Rick Lawrence
- 2018 Simply Jesus Gathering
- The Unreasonable Jesus by Thomas Christianson
- The Jesus-Centered Life by Rick Lawrence
- Brutal Reality, Prevailing Hope
- Finding Security When Jesus Doesn’t Promise Safety
- Why Finding Your Purpose is Riskier Than You Think