(Podcast) Living Wide-Awake During Advent
Episode 50: Living Wide-Awake During Advent
Christmas music on the radio, movies on television, lights on houses, and delicious cookies baking in the oven. These have commonly become the sights, sounds, and smells of this season; but are they distracting us from the true meaning of Advent?
Join Rick as he continues a month-long pursuit of the heart of advent by examining how Christmas traditions (the medium) can help, or hinder our celebration of the beauty of Jesus (the message) highlighted during this time.
Have you joined the Pigs? We're a group of friends ready to go all in with Jesus--to live a life that's “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- Jesus-Centered Advent Challenge (on Instagram)
- (Now Available) Spiritual Grit
- Growing Spiritual Grit Devo
- Growing Spiritual Grit for Teenagers Devo
- Friends of God: A Discipleship Experience
- Jesus-Centered Practical Guides by Mikal Keefer
- The Jesus-Centered Life by Rick Lawrence