(Podcast) Essential Questions: Trying Hard vs. Letting Go
Season 4 Episode 33 - Essential Questions: Trying Hard vs. Letting Go
“I’m just really trying hard to be a better person.”
At first, it sounds like a goal that’s admirable and full of good intentions. So why does it so often lead to frustration, failure, and pain, especially when it comes to our relationship with God? And is it possible that a form of laziness is what God desires more?
Join Rick for the last episode in a series exploring life’s essential questions and the ways Jesus answers them. Turning to Matthew 5, we’ll explore how Jesus explains a tension between trying hard to follow the law and embracing grace.
Have you joined the Pigs? We're a group of friends ready to go all-in with Jesus—to live a life that's “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- The God Who Fights for You: How He Shows Up in Your Suffering by Rick Lawrence
- “Give Up” by Andrew Osenga (lyrics included in description)
- Clip from “Mr. Holland’s Opus”
- Growing Spiritual Grit for Teenagers: 40 Devotions
- Growing Spiritual Grit: 52 Devotions
- The Jesus-Centered Journal
- Photo by Luca Upper on Unsplash