(Podcast) Why your parenting shouldn't be judged by what you feed your kids
Episode 003: "They" say that the quality of your parenting is measured by what you feed your kids; Jesus says be free from judgment.
We don't have to tell you that moms feel guilty about a lot of things. According to social media and fancy surveys, one of the things we feel the most guilty about is what we're feeding our kids. We worry that it's not healthy enough, or "clean" enough, or varied enough. And we worry what other parents will think about our choices. Here's why we think all this worry needs to STOP.
More from this Episode:
Resource Gush: Free 21-Day Devotional Series about Centering on Jesus
True confession: I (Steph here!) wrote and designed this devotional series to get closer to Jesus. Selfishly I thought it would help me to hear his voice more throughout my day, and I justified the project by thinking maybe others would like to get closer to him, too. Friends--this series is a life changer for one very specific reason: Jesus. Shows. Up. I can't urge you enough to sign up and get started today.
- Here's how to sign up for the series and start Day 1 now.
- Bonus Perk! Here's a 7-day Bible reading plan to go along with the devotions (psst! this plan is also on YouVersion)
- And here's the book that inspired Steph to write the devotions (psst! You should read it.)
Links and Articles we mentioned:
- The "Oreo cookie" lunch shaming story
- The viral status update about feeding kids from Facebook
- 2 Corinthians 3:17: “For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Related Articles we think you'd also like:
- 10 Things I'm Not Doing Just Because Pinterest Says So
- Is a conversation powerful enough to stop bullying?
- How my doubts bring me closer to God
- Pinterest Is Not The Boss Of Back To School (and other mom pep talks)
- 10 things I'm not doing just because Pinterest says so