(Podcast) Overcoming anxiety about your kid's anxiety
Episode 006: They say feeling anxious about your kid's anxiety is inevitable; Jesus says there's peace and direction for you.
As parents there's nothing harder than seeing our kids struggle with persistent fears. And parents dealing with kids with anxiety face this challenge every day. In this episode, Kami and Steph shine a light on this seldom-discussed topic of anxiety in kids, tackle the questions we're afraid to ask (ex. is my kid mentally ill?), and offer a message of hope and peace at the end.
More from this Episode:
Resource Gush: SoulFeed, A Care Package For Your College Kids' Faith
Kami mentioned that she is the founder and creator of SoulFeed. Specifically we talked about using SoulFeed as a way to connect with college students and keep your connection to them and also Jesus' connection to them. Whether you are a parent, aunt, grandparent or maybe there is someone who you have mentored and want to keep connected to them, this makes a great gift.
- Check out what's in the box here
- And here's how you can get SoulFeed for your college student or give SoulFeed as a gift!
Links and Articles we mentioned:
- I have anxiety about my daughter's anxiety & here's what I'm doing about it
- Anxiety factoids from the National Institute of Mental Health
- Philippians 4:7 "Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
- Note: we talked about the importance of getting help if you think you or your child is in over your head. NAMI (The National Alliance for Mental Illness) has resources, hotlines and local chapters that can guide you. If this is you, please get the help you need.